Over 5,800 Kickstarter backers support the first remote control for everything, proving market demand for smart home simplification and unificationSAN FRANCISCO—December 14, 2016. Sevenhugs announces reaching $1 million in Smart Remote pre-orders on Kickstarter. Awarded the most innovative product in the CES 2017 Smart Home category, Smart Remote allows users to control any device simply by pointing at it. “We’re excited and honored by the support of the Kickstarter community to help us reach our initial goal of $50K in record time and then quickly accelerate to over $1 million,” says Simon Tchedikian, Sevenhugs’ co-founder and CEO. “For years, we’ve anticipated the digital home becoming a reality, but we also recognized that there would be an issue with the integration of multiple devices due to proprietary software,” continues Tchedikian. “We knew we could build a solution to the fragmentation problem, but it also needed to be simple and user-friendly, coupled with easily connecting to any device. After two years of development, we achieved our vision with Smart Remote and are so excited to see such an impressive response from the market.” Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt automatically to any device. When a user points at a device, Smart Remote instantly displays custom controls to operate that particular device. Smart Remote unifies the control of your connected home experience.
- Broad Compatibility: Smart Remote works with more than 25,000 devices through Wi- Fi, Bluetooth or Infrared, including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue and LIFX smart bulbs, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat, and many more.
- Patent-Pending Innovation: Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt instantly to any device and display intuitive touch-screen controls customized for each device you point at.
- Powerful Technology: Smart Remote is the first consumer product to combine motion tracking sensors and an indoor positioning system. It allows users to control their devices naturally and intuitively—simply by pointing at them.
- Instant Access to Services: Smart Remote allows you to instantly access popular services like Uber. Order a ride by pointing Smart Remote at your front door or check the weather forecast by pointing at your window.
- Elegant & Thoughtful Design: Designed in collaboration with one of the most iconic and awarded French designers, Pierre Garner of Elium Studio, Smart Remote’s design is beautiful, sleek and intuitive.
- Personalized Control: Smart Remote lets you create custom scenes and control multiple devices at the same time. For example, you can create a movie watching scene that automatically dims the lights when turn on the TV. Smart Remote also lets you group lights together to control all at once.
- Unlimited Possibilities: Sevenhugs offers an open API and an extensive SDK to support continuous expansion of Smart Remote’s features and services by developers.