Meet the only remote you’ll ever need: Magically control your TV, lights and music and even order an Uber in the most simple and intuitive waySAN FRANCISCO—November 10, 2016. Sevenhugs announces the launch of Smart Remote on Kickstarter, allowing users to control any device simply by pointing at it. Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt automatically to any device. When a user points at a device, Smart Remote instantly displays custom controls to operate that particular device as intuitively as possible. Compatible devices include Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue lights, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat and many more. “Customers today are frustrated that every device requires its own app or controller, which leads to clutter, confusion and wasted time,” says Simon Tchedikian, Sevenhugs’ Co-founder and CEO. “We’ve pushed the boundaries of today’s technologies to build a better solution. For the first time in history, we’ve integrated a precise indoor positioning system in a consumer electronic device, allowing users to control tens of thousands of connected devices in a simple and intuitive way. All you have to do is point at what you want to control.” Smart Remote unifies the control of your connected home experience:
- Broad Compatibility: Smart Remote works with more than 25,000 devices through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Infrared, including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue lights, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat and many more.
- Patent-Pending Innovation: Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt instantly to any device and display intuitive touch-screen controls customized for each device you point at.
- Powerful Technology: Smart Remote is the first consumer product to combine motion tracking sensors and an indoor positioning system. It allows users to control their devices naturally and intuitively—simply by pointing at them.
- Instant Access to Services: Smart Remote allows you to instantly access popular services like Uber. Order a ride by pointing your Smart Remote at your front door or check the weather forecast by pointing at your window.
- Elegant & Thoughtful Design: Designed in collaboration with one of the most iconic and awarded French designers, Pierre Garner of Elium Studio, Smart Remote’s design is beautiful, sleek and intuitive.
- Predictive Personalization: Smart Remote learns your habits, allowing it to predict your actions and create personalized scenes, such as automatically dimming your lights when you turn on your TV.
- Unlimited Possibilities: Sevenhugs offers an open API and an extensive SDK to support continuous expansion of Smart Remote’s features and services by developers.